Install and Customize Ikea Kitchen Cabinets
Ikea is leading manufacture in furniture industry. It’s well known for affordable price, innovative product and quality. Perfect choice as remodeling partner. Assembly Ikea furniture is do-it-yourself job. It has wide range product to serve many decorating options. To help getting the best design, you can use free Ikea Home Planner tool.
For small kitchen, consider European Ikea kitchen cabinets. It’s match for limited space. Then you can put mirror ( if you like ) to create double space impression. Avoid dark colors for small kitchen. If you like contemporary look, Ikea already has white, red and silver color. Colors choice must be matched with kitchen size. To create open space, try to put one pantry cabinet. Simple kitchen cabinet decoration is a must for small space.
Steps to install Ikea kitchen cabinets
- Accurately measure first top and bottom dimension of place where Ikea kitchen cabinets will be put later.
- However most products have certain size, so it must be fit between cabinet and its place. We can also get custom version, but it needs more effort.
- Having good lighting fixtures at kitchen are a must. Find ideas by browsing internet or visit to lamp store.
- Compare some lamp types with your Ikea kitchen cabinets and imagine, does it good to be installed? It’s better if since at first time you have specific plan to this lighting fixtures.
- List accessories you will need to put around cabinet (hanging towel, floating shelves, and so on). Don’t put too much accessories at small kitchen.
- Make sure all hardware amenities (handle, hinge, knob) are installed strongly in right position
- Before adding accessories, check again whether there is nothing left. Compare with your first design.
Steps to customize Ikea kitchen cabinets
- Paint Ikea kitchen cabinets with your favorite colors. You can apply single color for thorough parts or combine multiple colors. Use color wheel as your guidance. Great tool to get perfect color combination. Recommended paint is high gloss paint.
- To give decorative look, use stencil art. Easy to implement. You can purchase stencil package. There are many options. Then you can print pictures at printing screen use paint roller.